Personal Injury and Insurance
We represent clients who have personal injury and accident claims resulting from:
- Motor vehicle accidents and collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Work related injuries; Disability Claims
- Serious Injuries and Fatalities
- Product Liability and injuries caused by the deliberate acts or negligence of third parties
Injuries vary as do treatment protocols and time it takes to recover. The type of compensation you will receive for your injury will depend on the type of injury you have and how well it gets documented. Our clients present with all types of injuries and in many cases very serious injuries. We are experienced in seeing that your case is handled accordingly and that your injuries are well documented resulting in more settlements. We have assisted clients with many types of injuries such as:
- Brain injuries; including mild traumatic brain injuries (mTBI) and concussions as well as serious brain injuries
- Whiplash Associated Disorders (WAD grades I, II and III)
- Shoulder Injuries such as “frozen shoulder” and shoulder dislocations
- Rotator Cuff Injuries including rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, bursitis or “impingement syndrome”
- Back Injuries, including slipped, ruptured and herniated discs
- Non-Restorative sleep
- Memory Loss
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD), to name a few
Disability and CPP Claims
We also help individuals with claims for disability insurance who are being denied coverage through their own policy or that of their employer and we also take on cases where clients require assistance filing Canada Pension Plan applications and appeals. In the event you have an injury or insurance problem we encourage you to contact us immediately so that limitation periods can be addressed and your claim protected. It is easier to file the correct documentation the first time than it is to appeal a decision based on poor information.
Our injury and insurance cases provide us with the opportunity to work on a regular basis with:
- Insurance Companies
- Claims Adjusters
- Government entities such as the Workers' Compensation Board
Our experience allows us to ensure that as our client you gain all of the advantages available to you including a timely and reasonable settlement. You may rest assured that the lawyer handling your file at the beginning of your claim will be the same lawyer handling the file in the event the matter proceeds to court.
Personal injury and insurance are both areas of law which are constantly evolving requiring the attention to detail provided by our lawyers. We have the experience in these fields in addition to having, at our disposal, up to the minute research tools and techniques with which to serve your complete needs.
We are able to offer contingency fee arrangements in most personal injury cases whereby you do not pay a fee to us until and unless we obtain payment for you first.
In addition to personal injury cases, we represent clients with insurance claims related to their homeowner's insurance and automobile policies.
We are experienced in attending all levels of court in Nova Scotia including tribunals before such entities as the Workers' Compensation Board, Canada Pension Plan and Veteran's Affairs.